Sunday, February 19, 2012

Backtrack and back on track.

My whole family was in town this weekend for Winter Camping - even Daniel was available for a visit on Saturday morning from Kuwait via skype.  We stayed at a hotel with a water park (which, coincidentally, is where I moonlight a couple of times a week), the kiddos swam themselves silly and looked like pruny little creatures for the majority of the weekend.  My parents got in some good visiting with the grandkids and with their own kids.  We ate and visited and drank and visited and it was, for the most part, a relaxing, much needed weekend of family time.  As soon as I unearth my camera cord and dump my pictures I will share with you.

Now I need to get back on track with my eating - and drinking - habits.  More water!  More fruit!  Another salad!  Less chip dip!  Less chocolate!  Less booze!  With the decision to loose weight came the realization that I need to be very careful about how much alcohol I drink.  I have started saving my cocktails for special occasions (like weekends with my siblings or date night with my husband - which, trust me, doesn't happen very often!).  I remind myself that having a glass of wine in the evening, no matter how tasty or how nicely it will compliment whatever it is we are having for dinner, that glass of wine is simply empty calories that I don't really need.

So, this week I am committing to 3 work-outs to work off the Bloody Mary(s) and wine I had this weekend and to ensure that when I step on the scale at the end of the week I get the results that I'm looking for.

Since I don't have any pictures from the weekend to share with you yet, let's backtrack to February of last year:


See you later, alligators!

No comments:

Post a Comment