Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On my mind today...


  • "We are peas...Alphabet peas.  We work and play in the ABCs."
  • Finn asks me to read "O, peas" (which is really titled, "L, M. N. O, Peas") every day.  Multiple times a day.
  • I love that he loves to read.
  • It smells good outside.  Like spring and wet dirt and sunshine.
  • I'm going to put all of my plants on the porch for an extra dose of Vitamin D.
  • I'm going to put myself on the porch for an extra dose of Vitamin D.
  • I want need chocolate chip cookies.
  • I guess I'd better go for a walk so I can earn a cookie.
  • Finn just brought me his shoes.  I guess that's telling.
  • After all these months, I still love Adele's cd.
  • Thought of a good boy baby name.
  • Nobody's having a baby, so stick a paper bag over your mouth and breathe.
  • It's just that, if that were to happen - and right now it is not - I thought of a good name.
  • That's all.  Let me reiterate: No babies here.
  • Maybe we should get a dog.
  • Anyway, I might just rather have a tropical vacation and a waist for a while.
  • And I like having ankles and seeing my feet.
  • Also I'm selfish: all kids out of the house in T-minus 16.5 years.
  • Planning an Easter egg hunt. 
  • And when to dye eggs with the most amazing egg dye ever.
  • And whether or not to make bunny cookies.
  • Bunny cookies are not made from real bunnies.
  • Finn has been saying hello to all of the Easter bunny decorations in our house.
  • Holdiays make me happy.
  • Uriah's planning a trip to Alaska for us.
  • A fishing trip.
  • Such a romantic, that one, and a big dreamer.
  • It'll be a while, vacations to Alaska are expensive.
  • But I do love halibut and you'd better believe that if I caught my own I would not be sharing.
  • I've been coughing for the past week as if I smoke a pack a day.  
  • I do not smoke a pack a day - I never did, and besides, I quit smoking months ago (6 actually) - but I cough like I still do.
  • I wish my lungs would hurry up and heal.
  • A full dose of Nyquil will render me useless between the hours of 10pm and 8am.
  • "I let it fall, my heart.  And as it fell you rose to claim it."
  • Loving all things related to daylight savings - mostly the 8:00 wake-up I'm now getting from my son, although today it was more like 7:30.
  • So much better than the before 7:00 am wake-up.
  • Now he's brought me his hat...
  • To the park...in the wagon!  


Follow The Mother Load...click the Join this site button on the right!
Follow me on Pinterest...Heather Post Hefter

No comments:

Post a Comment