Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring is here said the bumblebee.

We spent the weekend at my parent's eating birthday cake and hugging on Daniel.  My heart is filled up with goodness.  Yesterday, after Emily and Jerad left for home and Daniel and Ady left for the cities, my small family stayed to play the lazy afternoon away.  While the boys napped and Abby roller bladed down the street, Mom and I went to the gym (my thighs hurt this morning!) and when Finn woke up, we played in the yard: swinging, blowing bubbles and looking at spring shooting up through the soft dirt.  We got home late last night, but it was totally worth it






I have a list a mile long today (isn't that always the case on Monday?  And I even cleaned the house before we left last weekend!).  I work most of this week.  My brother and sister-in-law will be at my parent's this weekend, so another trip to Minnesota is certainly a possibility, which means I'd better get my bum in gear!  In the meantime, if you'd like to see some more pictures of spring, head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry; it's Monday, so that means that it's also Show Off Your Shot day over at And then - She {snapped} - I couldn't decide on one shot, so I have 5.  Overachiever, I know!

Photobucket Next week's challenge: Simplicity


and
 then, she {snapped}

10 comments:

  1. Really lovely captures! I love the first & third shots. Spring is such a wonderful time of year, and you did a great job of expressing it with words and images :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what great close ups? What kind of camera/lens did you use?

    Found you via You Capture

    Amber
    www.lifelovegreen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a busy weekend you had and you still managed to rock out the Spring photo challenge. I wouldn't have thought to just photograph hosta leaves but even if I had I couldn't have done it so creatively. I almost love that shot the most but then there's the bleeding heart prospective and the fern trying to stretch into a plant. And the simple white flower on the brown leaves - think simplicity for next week right? Great post! I loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your spring shots. The bleeding hearts shot is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...how pretty!! Great shots...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for visiting my blog. :) I really like your photography shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. Your photos are pretty, and the bleeding hearts are just plain beautiful. :-)

    Happy week and best regards.

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful shots! I am in love with the hosta shot. Well done!

    ReplyDelete