Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I don't have a title, witty or otherwise.


{Finn & Dan | 04.23.12}

I want is a big piece of chocolate cake washed down with a gin martini, but, as that would be detrimental to my diet lifestyle choice, I'll settle for snuggling into bed early with a good book, which is what I've done pretty much every night this week.

Except tonight.  Tonight I managed to wrestle the computer away from Uriah, prop my eyelids open for a few extra minutes, ignore the fact that I have approximatley 12 pages left in my book, and write.

This week is kicking my ass.

I've been to Minnesota the past two weekends, which is lovely, don't misunderstand, but I've noticed that it makes me sort of lazy during the week.  Or maybe that's just my personality these days.  Laundry is piled high again (how do we manage this?  You'd think we were heathens who lived in the mud constantly.), plants need to be watered, and a little (lot) of dusting needs to be done.  And on an even cheerier note, the phone that I've had for approximatley 60 seconds stopped working this morning.  Just. Completley. Stopped.  It'll be 3-5 business days for my replacement to come in.  In the meantime, I'm stuck with a flip-phone that doesn't have any of my numbers, a back that doesn't stay on, and old-school texting (using the keypad.).  I sent one text all day and it took me forever to tap-tap-tap it out.

Plus side to this week: I got our May family picture taken this evening.  A day late, yes, but who cares.  Abby had a band concert last night and (allegedly) that was more important.  I've been taking a family picture on the first of the month since January.  Tonight we killed two birds with one stone: family picture and a sweet Mother's Day present that I have in mind for the grandmas.

**Slight pause while I flip my phone and speak with Bees.
**Okay, I'm back.  Thanks for the chat, Bees!  Can't wait for Air Supply!

Where was I? Oh yes, the plus sides to this week.  Well, now that I've been able to talk to Bees, whom I've been playing phone tag with for too many days, I'm happy again.  I love talking to Bees.  Also, my brother and sister-in-law are coming to visit me on Saturday.  Hooray!  So is Dane.  Triple hooray!  Uriah and I both have the day off on Friday.  I'm hoping for a lunch date.  Hopefully my phone arrives by Friday (that would make me so happy!) and I'm ordering my own Mother's Day present tomorrow (don't be sad; I know what I want, it's not a surprise.  My kids can make me a card.).  My walking has gotten better and I've upped my challenge number to 200 miles in 3 months (since I managed to walk 50+ miles in the first month of the challenge, I thought I should make it more of, well, a challenge.).

I hope I can feel more productive as this week wanes.  And I hope that my productivity extends to more blogging.  I've been absent this week - although I've written a lot of posts in my head as Finn and I walk.  Going to bed at 8:30 pm does take away from my quiet writing time in the evening.  And now it's time for this girl to snuggle into said bed to devour the last 12 pages of aforementioned book.

See you later, alligators.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pic :)

    It is funny to see him with a stach!

    ReplyDelete