Saturday, April 7, 2012

Weekend Update.


This is going to be a super-quickie update because I can hear Finn stirring from his nap and I know my time is limited once he starts requesting his "mama mama mama mama..."  And also my in-laws are in town visiting this weekend and my parents are coming tomorrow, so I have shit to do!

First things first:  our "shishies" are now just "shish."  Poor Esmeralda was given a two-flush salute yesterday.  We will not be replacing her at this time.  Boris has been swimming around the fish tank like the King of Fishes.   It was sort of like a day-time-fish drama.  No love lost there, apparently.

Secondly, I had to get on the internets to log my miles for the 100 Mile Challenge.  Finn and I walked 18 miles last week!  Only 82 to go by the end of June!  I guess that 4 mile route we have mapped out adds up when you do it a couple of times a week.  If you want to join in the challenge, you certainly still can, just head over here.  And a quick note about the photo above, which I thought was an oriel but turns out is a Red Winged Black bird (thanks for the lesson, Mom!) - on one of our walks this week, Finn and I came upon an area where a bunch of these black birds were; I think maybe they had their nests in the area.  They flew over and around our heads and sang songs to each other.  It was so beautiful and even with Finn pointing out every bird, they just kept flying back and forth around us.  It totally made that 4 miles worth every drop of sweat! This is why I love walking!

Finally, I will be back on Monday with some pastel photos for the You Capture Challenge and I have a couple of tasty recipes that I want to share with you...Grilled Veggie Sandwich, anyone?  Let me just tell you this: amazing!

Happy Easter!  I hope you're weekend is full of spring-like weather and family and happiness!

I know mine is!

No comments:

Post a Comment