Monday, April 9, 2012

It's an instagram kind of Easter {You Capture | Easter/Pastels}

Uriah left for work very early yesterday - apparently everyone in the tri-county area goes out to Easter Brunch, which meant that he was gone all day.  And Finn was up bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 6:45 am, which mean so was I.  So much for a leisurely Easter morning with the whole entire bed to myself for an hour or two.  One large pot of coffee and downloading the instagram ap to my phone sort of made up for it.


I got the kiddos in their Easter-finery and we headed off to church, where Finn told me (and everyone else around us) every time he heard a baby crying by saying: "Baby? Baby? Baby?" until I could shush him and affirm that yes, it was a baby crying.  Everyone's babies were crying, though, so I didn't feel bad that my son hasn't quite mastered his whisper voice.  Beyond that, he was easily quieted with Goldfish crackers and distracted with his new Easter book and the church books that we only pull out when we go to church (makes them more of a novelty since we don't read them every day - a great idea my mom had when we were growing up.).


Abby's probably on her last year of getting an Easter basket...growing up sure does suck sometimes, but it's hard balancing the polar-opposite age differences between these two kids.  She said she was okay with that as long as she still got Peeps each year (disgusting, but okay!).  She did get to wear her dress from the dance and her heels, so she was happy.  The fact is that an Easter egg hunt has lost it's childhood appeal for her, and really, how do you hide eggs for a 1 1/2 year old and a 12 year old?  Trust me...it's not easy.


It was fun to hide the eggs that I made in the yard.  Finn liked to throw the eggs he found in his basket.  He had a lot of energy, I guess.  After all the eggs were found, we commenced with the smashing.  Equally as fun as finding the eggs.  Next year I'm going to fill them with little treasures instead of cereal and m&ms.  I'll admit to being a little less thoughtful this year and kind of dull.


I hope you had a lovely Easter!

I love having company (Uriah's parents for part of the weekend and mine for dinner yesterday.) but it is exhausting.  I'm going to need this week to recover.  And to prepare myself for the coming weekend: I'm leaving  my family and I can't wait!  More on that later...

If you'd like to see more You Capture | Easter/Pastel, head on over to I Should Be Folding Laundry!

Next week's challenge: Chocolate

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter does look very grown up in that shot! She is beautiful. Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your daughter does look so grown and beautiful. And I really love your tulip arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I miss the fillable eggs. You can't get them here in Germany and I never seem to be around to buy them...and forget to get anyone to snag me some to mail over. But kids seek out "nests" anyway, with most of the goodies in a big basket -- so that makes it all easier anyway. But as our 3yo gets older, I think it will be a lot more fun with smaller (and more) things to seek out. :)

    ReplyDelete