Sunday, April 15, 2012

With love...

I slipped quietly away this weekend for some good old-fashioned girl time and to recharge my batteries.


It was just for one night, but I don't know why we don't do this more often - leave our husbands and our children and come together as women for a day of relaxation, of talking with one another, of laughing and reminiscing and playing catch-up because life is going by so fast.

I needed this weekend.  I have been looking forward to it for weeks.  I needed to be near my sisters - to soak them up; I am lonely without them. I needed to hug my mom.  I don't get to do that enough.  I needed to see my aunties and my girl cousins.  I needed to stay up late and sleep in.  I needed to put on my calendar, along with those fabulous women around me, a date for this summer to get together again.  Another girls' weekend to look forward to; something to sustain me as we dive head-first into the end of this school year and start filling up the long and busy summer ahead.  It is written in pen; so it shall be.


My sweet and darling cousin is getting married in June - a June bride, is there anything more romantic and lovely?  Soon she will be a wife; maybe someday she will be a mother.  As her life inevitably picks up speed, I hope she remembers takes time for herself.  I hope she remembers to rely on the women who surrounded her this weekend to shower her with love and support, because that's really what we women - sisters, mothers, aunties, cousins -  need to do for each other more often: give each other love and support as much on the days that are plain and ordinary as we do on the ones that are momentous.

No comments:

Post a Comment