Monday, May 21, 2012

Life.

Uriah has been working like a mad-man for the past few weeks due to some work-related crap issues.  He leaves in the morning and he usually doesn't come home until the kids are in bed.  The past few days have been especially hard on Finn - I can tell that he misses his dad.  In the evening if a car drives by, he looks at me with his hopeful eyes and says, "Dad home?  Dad home?" and I tell him that Dad will be home when he opens his eyes in the morning.  Saturday Finn was acting like a rotten child - he didn't want to do anything except stand right next to me or have me hold him (which is a bit impossible when there's laundry to be done and groceries to put away and dinner to make and the lad weighs a lot!).  He didn't want to play with anything that I suggested (not even with the play-dough dog, which is his most favorite!).  I finally asked him if he missed his daddy and he nodded his little tear-stained face yes and then gave me a tight squeeze.  It broke my mama heart.  So I had Uriah call Finn when he had a free minute to talk to him on speaker.  I can't say that the evening got much better, but at least it didn't get much worse.

Our life feels very chaotic and one-sided right now.  We seem to be ships passing in the night and I find myself day-dreaming about not making dinner and maybe going on a date.  I'll be happy when Uriah's back to his "regular" schedule (although the summer season starts here this weekend, so I might be deluding myself into thinking we'll have a relatively normal schedule at any time before Labor Day!).  In the meantime, Abby's last day of 7th grade is on Friday (stay tuned for the annual Last Day of School photo!) and then we start our summer reading list (which I secretly cannot wait for!).  I've got a garage sale this weekend and I'm gearing up to go through the totes and totes of Finn's baby clothes tomorrow, which is causing me to hyperventilate a little bit.  I have very mixed feelings about it, to say the least...

Happy Monday, friends!  See you around here later this week!




***
Would you like to see more pictures of life?  Head over to I Should be Folding Laundry for life aplenty.  It's Monday, so that means it's also Show off Your Shot over at And then she {snapped}.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous captures. Nothing says life like the kiddos, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that your husband is having to work so much. That's tough. When my oldest was about a year old, if my husband didn't come home on time, he would cry and cry.

    I love your pictures! And, I can't really believe that it's summer already. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics...hang in there with Uriah. I only have to deal with Andy being gone for a few days at a time. Most nights he is home. Hugs to you your kiddos. Perhaps you could visit him during a "slow" part of his day (yes, I know I'm being a bit dilussional - I've spent too many days in restaurants behind the scenes), but here's hoping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete