Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vacation in Instagram: Part Two

We have arrived!
There's nothing better than exploring the shore,
it's like getting to know an old friend all over again.

There's nothing better than watching your kids explore the shore.
And getting to know your own old friends all over again.
"Hello, Jim Beam.  It's been a long drive and I've missed you."

Breakfast of champions.
Finn and I are usually up before everyone else. 
He played with his cars and sticks.
I got to read my book and watch the rain clouds roll in.
I wish every morning could be that easy.

After a full morning and afternoon of rain, the evening brought some sun.
Finn "fished" in the tide pools and got wet up to his knees and elbows.
I guess that's what having a boy is: dirt and wetness and rocks and sticks.
Abby busied herself with a new book and movies on the tv in her room.

I bailed on the evening trip to the pool in favor of a jacuzzi bath.
And some read time.
By myself.
My version of vacation.

Another stop on the way back down.
We extended our vacation by a night and stayed at my parents house.
Vacation is always over so quickly -
much faster than the time spent anticipating it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrl- so glad you're having a fabu vaca! Oh, and BTW- you look fantastic! Go on with your bad self, Momma Snacks! Not that you already don't know that- but it's always good to hear! Missing you!

    xoxo
    Clara

    ReplyDelete