Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fair Play



We went to the local county fair on Sunday.

It was small.  And, in retrospect, awesome (for people watching,any way.). There were approximately 4 rides and 14 food stands.  The "beer garden" consisted of one small trailer with 2 kegs. There was no bingo. Finn refused to ride the carousel with me but Abby rode the Octopus. Twice. Allegedly, it was that awesome.  There were cheese curds (Abby insisted.).  There was cotton candy (I insisted.). There was beer (Uriah insisted.). And there were monster trucks (Finn insisted.).  Actually, Finn has repeatedly told me every day since: "I don't like monster trucks, Mama. I don't like them."  I guess they were a little bit too loud for him..




All things considered, we spent some hard-earned money on some junky prizes, but the animals were fun to look at and the cotton candy was delicious.  We'll probably do it again next year.


2 comments:

  1. I really hate going to the fair...except for the whole photo opportunity thing you. And you captured some great shots! I can't believe how big that truck is next to your little guy. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, for fairs. Big or small :)

    ReplyDelete