Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Second First Day of School


Yesterday morning I did not get out of bed in time to take the traditional First Day of School picture.  For once, Finn slept in his own bed all night - and he slept there until 8:30 am!  It was like a gift from God, or something.  I've never claimed to be a morning person, so I took full advantage the extra sleeping-in in my own bed, by myself.  Uriah, however, did get up yesterday morning to make Abby breakfast, but it didn't occur to him to take the First Day of School picture.

This morning I did get up (easier this time because Finn was spread out over two-thirds of the bed, so it's not like I was getting quality sleep, anyway.).  I managed a cup of coffee (whoever invented the delay brew button on the coffee maker should be kissed by millions.), and took a couple of quickie snaps before Abs rushed off to catch her bus.  So this picture is technically her Second Day of School photo, or, as lazy me likes to call it: her Second First Day of School photo.  And as I dumped my camera, a second cup of coffee in hand, it occurred to me that we have successfully sent this girl off to 5 First Days of School (you can relive last year's First Day of School here.).

And she only has 4 left.

1 comment: