Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What we've been up to...

Finn was the lucky recipient of some Elmo bedding from Cousin Dane.
I finally got my sofa up here Missouri.  It is good for naps and for watching the news.
5 months without a sofa is a long, long time.

 Leaves are falling and raking takes more time because someone wants to jump in every pile.
I also caught him "fishing" in a pile with a stick.  He told me he wasn't catching anything.
Sort of like his Dad...

 The rain has finally started to come and Finn wants to use the umbrella all of the time.
We also looked at some rain boots at Target.  There were firetruck rain boots and Hello, Kitty rain boots.
Finn wants the Kitty rain boots.

 This is the only photo I have from our 3rd anniversary.
Trust me, we dressed up - I wore make-up! Uriah wore a tie! 
We went to a fancy-pants restaurant and discussed wedded bliss and kids and life.
No photo from that, but bedtime stories pretty much sum up our happiness.

We were able to spend an afternoon having lunch lunch and hiking with some old-for-me, new-for-Finn friends.  I love catching up with girlfriends as if it hasn't been years since we were able to sit down and talk about our lives.  Conversation fell into place easily.  I like friendships like that.

And then Finn snoozed all the way home. 
I love that, too.

Pumpkins have been carved - a fun project with Uncle Dan and Ady.
Finn tried to eat the pumpkin guts again this year.  We let him.
Abby changed her mind about her design again this year.  We waited patiently.
Abby's has seed teeth and Finn's has angry eyes and a sad mouth, but he loved the eyebrows on Ady's the most.
They look so cute glowing.

 Uriah's parents are in town for the week and they have brought Finn Uriah's old firetruck to play with.
Finn wants to ride it constantly.  And ring the bell.  Luckily it's a quiet bell.

I like bath time the best these days.  
We've been so busy that it seems the only time I have to lay back and rest is when Finn is splish-splashing.
With a baby and the holidays fast approaching, I think it'll be awhile before we sink back into our quiet days.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Finn with the giant umbrella. And I love how bedtime stories sum up your happiness -- what a perfect line. Happy 3rd anniversary!

    ReplyDelete