Friday, January 11, 2013

Quite possibly the most random post.


It's raining here.

The snow is almost gone and the roads are sure to be somewhat slippery soon, although at 36 degrees, I'm not sure how soon that will be.  Luckily Finn and I went to the grocery store this morning for things like sweet potatoes and shrimp (my choices) and watermelon and cantaloupe (his choices.  True story - almost had a meltdown in the produce aisle).   Watermelon is 77-cents a pound and I couldn't decide if that was good or bad, but Finn ate it for lunch and Abby and I have been snacking on it this afternoon, so I think a panel of judges would say good.

We went to the library where I picked up a John Grisham novel.  I'm working my way through his collection this winter and pretending that I can go back to school to be a kick-ass lawyer.  Who needs more kids or quality time with their spouse when John makes litigation it look so easy that even I want to do it, too?  I know I should dive into Les Miserables or The Life of Pi, both movies that I want to see but can't bring myself to do until I've read the book.  Afterwards, I can lament the fact that the movie was sub-par to the book and why, oh why did I waste my $1 on the Redbox to see it (because we all know the movies will be out for rent before I get around to seeing them).  In other movie news, our library has the best movie collection.  I rented Far and Away - Tom and Nicole, circa 1992, before there was a TomKat or Nicole and Kieth Urban.  Before Hollywood mashed the names of couples into one name.  Would Tom and Nicole have been Ticole (sounds like tickle in my head).  And does that make Nicole and Kieth, Nieth?  And would then, by all mashing logic, Heather and Uriah then be Urither?  That just sounds like something itchy you contract from a public restroom and not cool at all.  In retrospect, I should have married someone named Ray, then we could have been HeatRay.  That would have been awesome.

And because I've bounced you all over in this post already anyway (really? I went from rain to Urither.)  Finn has learned to he can pick his nose.  It's his favorite past time these days, second only to playing trains.  I spend more time telling him to get his fingers out of there and running for the kleenex box (so, so gross!).  We're also about two weeks into big-boy undies (with a small hiccup last weekend when he was sick).  He looks so much older without that little puff of a diaper or pull-up under his pants.  I am knocking on wood right now, but softly because Finn's still napping and this is my time.  I'd like to let him sleep a little longer so I can surf Pinterest a little bit...and, all right, I admit it, I'm probably going to mash my name up for more awesome results.

4 comments:

  1. Since my middle name is Nicole I really should start going by Ticole. Why haven't I thought of this sooner??

    ReplyDelete
  2. $0.77 for watermelon isn't a great price in the summer. But in the winter? And having it not get wasted? Totally worth it. Sounds SO good to me.

    Your name mashups made me laugh.

    Good luck with the nose picking and the big-boy undies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was a nice lighthearted bit in the middle of my afternoon. Thanks! I laughed at Finn's picture. Having been a teacher for almost 30 years, I've seen that view so many times! I had a reading aide who posted a note in her corner. It said, "Booger-free Zone." LOL At least he's still little and has an excuse. Good luck with that training. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to declare my house a boog-free zone pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete