Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday with Finn

And here we are...another Friday and another Finn update.  And a new month!  Do you like the fall friendly layout?  We've got a fall party this weekend, so hopefully next week I will have some fall-themed pictures to share.  I love fall...the smell and the colors and the fact that this month is our First Anniversary (last year at this time I was running around getting last-minute wedded-bliss crap together and I was not preggers and couldn't even fathom what would change in a year.  I was too busy making lists and getting final head counts and calling the florist and making lists for my lists and paying a bunch of money to some fine wedding folks...).  Next month I will settle solidly into my early 30's...a fall themed birthday party has been discussed.  I love my birthday and I'm loving my 30's more every day.  I am not shy about my age, nor do I hide it from people.  If you ask, I will tell you because I have earned these years and I am proud of them! 
Calvin Klein called.  He want his model back.

Moving on.

Big news...huge news...amazing news...Finn has been accepted to Harvard Law School.  Actually, that's not true, but I have been whispering in his little ear that he wants to be a lawyer.  Or a doctor.  And he wants to take his Mama on many vacations in her old age.  In reality, he  is officially sleeping through the night, which right now is a billion times better (and cheaper) than being accepted to an Ivy League School.  By officially, it has been consistent for the past three nights, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it is official.  I may regret that announcement tonight.  We're also starting him on a bigger bottle...more food...more fat rolls. 

I know what you're thinking...."Seriously, this is big news?  A bigger bottle?  Feed him for crying out loud and stop calling Oprah.  She doesn't care."

Hells yes, this is big news! Bigger bottle...sleeping through the night...when I look at my Hello! Kitty alarm clock (don't judge) and see 6:30, not 3:00, it is a damn good night!

This morning when Uriah went in to get him up for the day, Finn had scooted all the way to the corner of his crib.  The bumper pad comes off tonight.  Does this mean he is going to be rolling over pretty soon?  I will have to consult the tome of knowledge (What to Expect the First Year).

I can kick your butt if I have to...but let's just play Pollys!
Abby is also going through some growing pains of her own, although hers are more school chum related.  Apparently, some "girlz" in gym class had been saying some not very nice things to her. 

First of all, is there anything worse than gym class?  I still have nightmares when I think about changing for gym, having to play group sports, sweating my ass off and then having to go back to class for 5 more hours.  And don't even get me started on the 2-week period when we had to swim!  At least Abby's gym class is just girls.  So, anyway, Abby told me this week that she'd been having some problems in gym class.  These girlz are apparently "getting up in [Abby's] face and calling [her] really mean names" and Abby took it to the teacher.  She is that kid; she has no shame in getting adults involved because she reads and doesn't really know how to stand up for herself.  It doesn't help that she's technically a year younger than all of those kids and probably an entire foot shorter and a thousand times smarter.  She could beat them up in a spelling contest.  When the teacher didn't do anything (or not enough, depends on who you talk to), Abby took it to the school counselor, who then called Uriah and told him what was going on in gym class and that she would be having a sit-down with all of the girls involved on Monday.  Now...this was not news to me (the snotty girls) but I may have forgotten to mention it to Uriah, so his reaction was to ask the counselor if Abby was about to get her ass kicked in the hallway by a group of homegirlz.  He was assured by the counselor that such a situation was not going to happen, but Uriah still felt it necessary to instruct Abby to walk away unless she was cornered; then she had permission to fight back - but not to fight first. 

I feel like we may be living out some scenes from the movie Heather's this year.

This weekend is going to be full as a tick!  It's the first Saturday tomorrow, so the office is closed (yeah!) and  I'm going to plant some tulip bulbs (hopefully) and go to a Fall party with the kiddos and make a chocolate cake for my sister's (really really really) late birthday and have dinner with her and celebrate my father-in-law's (not late) birthday.  And somewhere in all of that I'm going to try to get in some play time with my pal, some Halloween make-up application for Abby, a nap and some sewing.  And maybe cash in some snuggle bucks on the couch with my husband as we kick off Wedding Anniversary Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment