Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sneak Peek...




We got to City Market before 10 this morning and I will endeavor to get there early from now on.  Parking was perfect...we got rockstar parking right in the front and were able to walk right in.  The breeze was a little brisk this morning, but nothing that a good cup of coffee couldn't overcome.  The sky was bright blue and the puffy clouds floated above the skyline.  Fall tumbled all around us in the form of hay bales and trailers of pumpkins and twisty gourds.  The smell of smoke from the barbeque restaurants was already prominent and made me wish for a rack of ribs!  Instead we came home with a big fat pumpkin, a ginormous zucchini, 2 dozen farm fresh eggs - the really pretty brown ones, a dozen Aneheim chilis, some purple and fingerling potatoes, and a huge boquet of fall wild flowers. 

I love the invigorating feeling I get when I can pick my own produce and I know that I'm helping to support local farmers...I hope your weekend has started as productive as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment