Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jack Frost

{Jack from the inside out | 1.11.11}

We've now had 5 days of true winter, and...well...is it spring yet?

I used to love the snow and I used to love the winter.  The crunch under my boots.  The smell of the cold stuck to my clothes even after I come inside.  Little snowflakes on my eye lashes.  The soft swish of falling flakes.

That was Before Finn (or, BF, if you will).  BF, I didn't have to worry too much about the outside temperature; I could go to the grocery store any old time.  BF, I didn't have to worry about parking spaces because I wasn't toting around 18+ pounds of baby and carseat and diaper bag and blankets.  BF, I didn't have to worry about what kind of shoes I had on my feet...heels?  Sure!  Ballet flats?  You got it!

Now I worry that it's too cold and he won't be warm enough with his snowsuit, extra socks, mittens, a hat, a scarf and his bedtime blanket covering it all.  I see ice everywhere and have even gone so far so to contemplate getting shoes with little icepicks on the bottom.  Have you seen them?  Not cute.

Except, it's not really as bad as I thought.  I now have an excuse to snuggle up in my comfy pants and sip hot cocoa and play on the floor with the baby (who also loves wearing comfy pants, by the way!).  I have been using up what we have in our freezer and our cupboards because it's just too much work to go out to the stores (and, in an effort to simplify, it's also financially sound.).  I have learned to love the snow from the inside out.

Happy Thursday, my friends!  Catch a snowflake on your tongue for me while you're outside, and in return, I will kiss the baby's cheeks for you when we're inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment