Monday, August 29, 2011

Hello, 7th grade...I will miss your uniforms.


Oh, sweet Lord, this day could not have come soon enough!


I seriously feel like this has been The Longest Summer of my entire life.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Abby's break technically started at the end of April, when we moved, and was only broken up by a 2 week period where she finished up the school year here in Iowa.  And now here we are...staring 7th grade square in the face - this is going to be a year of volleyball and band; of Spanish and Literature - and looking mighty stylish while she does it (even if she does have to smuggle her mascara to school and frantically put it on in the girl's room...don't think I don't know that's what she's doing!).


I think I'll go inside and wash my pop-tart down with a celebratory gin and tonic.
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Finn picked it out! Truly, I held up two shirts and that's the one he pointed to. Baby boy has good taste and the blue makes Abby's eyes so pretty!

    ReplyDelete