Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On my mind today...

 

  • The tree in our front yard has finally turned yellow.
  • Now all of the leaves are going to fall off.  Onto the yard that I've already raked. Because I thought that tree was going to keep it's green leaves for. ev. er.
  • Can you believe Halloween is next week?  I'm kind of excited to have trick-or-treaters to our house.
  • We've never had that before because we've always been at Uriah's mom's.
  • She gets trick-or-treaters but it's not the same as having kids knock on your own door.
  • I need to finish Finn's costume.
  • He gets to wear it to school on Monday for a Halloween party.  
  • His first Halloween party!!


  • Abby came home from school sick yesterday morning.  She was sleeping when Finn and I got home.
  • I think she gave it to Uriah because he woke up sick last night.
  • I think he gave it to me, because I woke up not feeling very good this morning.
  • Families kind of suck in that way.
  • I hope I don't give it to Finn...he's already snotty and has a slight cough.  

  • We have pumpkins to carve this week.  
  • 3 big fat ones.  Well, 2 big fat ones and a fat baby one.
  • I'm going to roast the pumpkin seeds.
  • I've been getting carving ideas online, but I think I imagine myself more artistic than I really am.
  • Last week, Uriah and I made seafood lasagna.  It was my idea, but Uriah made it happen.
  • I told him we make a great team: I'm the idea person and he's the executioner.
  • I really meant executor.


  • I ran on the treadmill after work yesterday and I got the most awful cramp in my calf last night.
  • The kind that makes you limp after it's over because the muscle is still so sore.
  • I might have almost cried, it hurt so bad.
  • If Uriah wouldn't have been there to help, I probably would have called 911. 
  • I don't do pain very well, as evidenced by the epidural I got when I was 6 months pregnant.  Just kidding, but I thought about getting it then.  You know, to be prepared.
  • I'm going to do some weight training today - just arms and abs.  No lunges.  My calf still hurts.
  • Tomorrow, I guess I'll take it a little easier on the treadmill...

No comments:

Post a Comment