Monday, February 13, 2012

14 Days of Valentines (Part 2)

Uriah and I are not really very good at keeping secrets from each other, which I guess is a good thing, unless of course, we want to give each other a gift.  I am usually so excited when I come up with a good idea (and more often than not, my ideas are stellar!) that I want to give the gift right away.  Waiting for the actual date seems like a waste of time.  After discussing our inability to keep our respective mouths shut over coffee this morning, we each told the other what our Valentine's gifts were.  We couldn't even be bothered to wait 10 hours until dinner tonight.

We are having our Valentine's date tonight, since tomorrow night Uriah will be taking care of all of the lucky couples who don't work in the food and beverage industry and have, therefore, secured a babysitter and a reservation at his restaurant.  We are putting our kids to bed early (yeah!  My favorite gift!), making gigantic steaks and crab claws and asparagus (because we're healthy, too.) and watching a movie.  No curfew, no baby-sitter fees, no limit on the wine consumption.  And also, because I love him, I made Uriah creme brulee - a perfect date, I must say.

I will still give him the card that I picked out, even though he already knows the gift that will be inside.

Here are the rest of the Valentine's from our 14 Days of Valentines.
If you'd like to see the first 8 days of our 14 Days of Valentines, you can go here.
Happy Monday, friends!

{February 9 | Starbursts for Abby; Green Lantern Little Person for Finn}

{February 10 | Orbits gum for Abby; book for Finn}

{February 11 | Almond Joy for Abby; book for Finn}

{February 12 | Snickers candy bar for Abby; Superman Little Person for Finn}

{February 13 | Valentine's socks for Abby; swim trunks for Finn}

The combo card was supposed to be for the day that I missed; Abby was going to get a bag of Combos and I'm not even sure what Finn was going to get - maybe some more goldfish crackers?  My creativity was starting to wane a bit.  Tomorrow, instead of getting the day that I missed, they'll get actual Valentine's Day cards and their last (slightly larger) treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment