Tuesday, February 14, 2012

On my mind today...

  • We moved here so that I could take a walk at 5:00 on a Monday evening, down a snowy trail, like it's the most natural thing in the world.
  • We moved here so that I could feel snowflakes melt on my heated cheeks as I pulled a 25+ pound boy in a sled behind me.
  • We moved here so that I could breath in deeply the good and breath out forcefully the icky.
  • We moved here to start fresh.
  • We moved here so that my back could go out and my eyes could truly see what I was becoming and where I was headed.
  • We moved here for changes inside and out.
  • We moved here for bike trails and walking trails and sledding trails.
  • We moved here for summer swimming lakes and winter ice fishing lakes.
  • We moved here 31 pounds ago and we are not looking back.
  • We moved here so that I could stop and push Finn down a hill for the first time in his bitty boy life.
  • We moved here so that I could hear him squeal with delight.
  • We moved here so that I could run up and down that hill no less than half a dozen times just to hear his laughter echo on the quiet evening.
  • We moved here so that I could have the time: time to walk down the trail, time to talk to my son as we slipped along, time hear those squeals.  And time to appreciate it all.



2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! And think of all those extra calories you must be burning pulling a 25 pound baby on a sled and all the extra fun he is having. :)

    ReplyDelete