Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ballsies, it's cold.

And also, my son's "new to him" shoes remind me of Rain Man.  I think it's the navy blue nylon and velcro.  Whatever.  Think what you want.  I see Rain Man, though.


So back to this weather.  I guess I shouldn't complain since this really is what spring is supposed to be, right?  All chilly in the morning, warming up in the afternoon, nobody's tulips blooming yet.  Except that my tulips will never bloom because some asshole squirrel decided to eat the bulbs for a snack.  Don't tell Finn, but he's getting squirrel-lined mittens for Christmas.

Moving on.  Away from the bitterness.  It's been one of those days, I guess.  Just ask Uriah.  He's probably wishing he hadn't agreed to go on a walk with Finn and me this afternoon because I'm pretty sure it was torture for him the whole 2 miles.  Which brings me to my next point: Don't tell me you want to go on a walk with me if you only want to walk half of the walk!  I have walking expectations.  The first is that we walk 4 miles!  A day! As many days in a week as possible.  4.  Not 2.  That's actually the only walking expectation that I have.

Are you wishing you hadn't dropped by to check out what I have to say today?  I think it's time I resign to my bed, pull the covers up tightly and declare tomorrow a do-over.

Except...one more thing: today is my little brother's birthday.  He's not little anymore, but he always will be to me.  I hope someone sang him "Happy Birthday" and I hope he had a good day.  And I hope that this year will bring him much happiness, growth, and wisdom.  I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment