Monday, July 2, 2012

Well, hello July...

Did you realize that it's already July?  JULY!  Of course you did.  You are prepared for life and the fact that the days become weeks and the weeks become months and those months change names.  Finn will be 2 next week.  I've been working on the 12 pictures from this last year and it sort of makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.  Next week I will share them with you, in the meantime, you can see his first 12 pictures here.  He's galloping through this life at record speed, I think.  I guess that means we're about the head into the terrible two's in a terrible way (although, truth be told, we are already there and have been for some time.).  He's got some molars coming in and his little brain is just moving faster than his little mouth and limbs can handle.  Melt downs occur for a number of reasons and the steadily increasing temperature only adds to the hot, sweaty mess writhing on my floor.  I'm always amazed when he sits up, wipes his eyes with his little fists and tells me, "Done crying."  Just as quickly as it started, it ends.  Like a summer rain storm (the likes of which I haven't seen much of lately.).

And Abby...oh, Abby.  She's been trying my patience these days.  She prances around in jeans and tank tops.  Jeans in 90 degree weather seems to be a perfectly logical clothing option.  And she begged for a real two-piece swimming suit this summer (last year she had a tankini, but that is for elementary school girls, obvs.), so when she was in Kansas City, Uriah's mom got her a cute pink bikini top to wear with the black tankini bottoms from last year.  Really a cute (and inexpensive) combo.  Except that she won't wear the bathing suit top without a t-shirt.  For as fast as Finn's babyhood seems to be flying by, I can tell you that these tween years are going by at a record slow pace.  I mean...an agonizingly slow pace.

From our road trip to Minnesota a few weekends ago, an accurate representation of my life:

No comments:

Post a Comment